Tuesday 9 December 2008

Life is an ocean, Love is a boat

A day off to do nothing doesn't come too often, I've got 2.. So far I've spent it wallowing, listening to music, sorting photos and lots and lots of thinking. Thinking about life goals... What are they what order should they be in, I don't know..

Goals (in no particular order)
  • Love. Find someone to spend rest of my life with.
  • Family. See them as much as possible.
  • Work. Be the best I can be. Make enough money to live a good life.
  • Travel. See everything I possibly can before I regret it.
  • Friends. Be there for them, through thick and thin
  • Me. Continually trying to improve me, learn from mistakes.
How do you order them? how do you know what to concentrate on even if it could hinder/ruin others.

At the moment I'm nowhere near the level I want to be with any of them, and am contemplating just moving to concentrate on one or two and hopefully building everything around it. 
Family+Me>Friends+Me>Love+Me>Work+Me>Travel + me me me me me...

Why am I here then if work is number 4, family some friends and potential love is elsewhere.. But then if I move home I may not have a job and that'll also make me miserable.. So how about I just travel, forget about everything else for awhile to put it all in perspective. That's looking the most likely.. Christ I'm confused.. 

I'm only a man
In a funny red sheet
I'm only a man
Looking for a dream


Worth some more thinking by the looks of things. I have time, lots of it.. but want to be fully happy again.. I'd take 3-4 out of the 5 above but what are goals if you don't want to fulfill them all. I DON'T WANT TO BE A FAILURE!!!

No comments: